In the event of an audit request from a government agency, E-Signature documents within a specific date range can be accessed from the Admin > Documentation Audit section. Use the Documentation audit area to select document types used during a specific date range. The application will gather all use instances of that document and organize an audit report in Adobe PDF.
As an example, if an audit of the Alabama W-4 form usage between the dates of April 3, 2017 and April 3, 2018 is requested, the PDF will list ALL instances of the Alabama W-4 document completed in that time. If 4,725 Alabama W-4s were completed in that time, the PDF will display 4,725 audit rows.
Running the Document Audit Export
To run the Adobe Sign Document Audit:
- Open the Admin tab and select Documentation Audit.
- Choose the Employers to include in this audit. Click the + sign to add an Employer to the list. You can audit documents for more than one employer by repeating this step for additional suppliers.
- Select the Start and End Dates from the corresponding drop-down calendars. The export will pull all documents that moved to a Completed status between these two dates. These dates should reflect the dates requested on the Notice of Inspection from the USCIS.
The Only include documents in which talent received a paycheck checkbox at the bottom of the screen allows users to eliminate any documents from the audit that correspond to talent who have no pay history.
- Select a document type from the Completed Document drop-down. Once selected, the document name will appear to the right of the drop-down. Users can select more than one document type to include in a single audit. Repeat this step for all document types that should be included.
- Click Submit to process the audit. When the process is complete, an email will be sent to the admin with a link and a password. Follow the instructions in the email to retrieve the audit report.
When documents are selected and Submit is clicked, every instance of those document type is retrieved. In some cases, there may be thousands which is why a confirmation window will display an estimated time to retrieve all of the selected documents. Click OK to proceed.
When the process is complete, an email will be sent to the admin with a link and a password. Follow the instructions in the email to retrieve the audit report.