Application Support Series:
Completing a Job Application
This documentation is for applicants who are applying for a job. Welcome is one of the screens that is included in a job application. To see additional job application related help articles, follow the links below:
The EEO section gives you the opportunity to enter information related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Providing this information is optional.
When you have completed the EEO form, select Next to move on to the next section of the application.
View Definitions of EEO Terms
Brief definitions of key terms associated with EEO are available to help you understand more about what information is being asked for in this section.
- Select the "View definition of terms" link.
The Equal Employment Opportunity definition of terms window will be displayed.
- Select Close to close the window.
Decline to Provide EEO-related Information
You can decline to enter any personal information in this section. There are three ways to decline to answer:
- Check the "I choose not to answer for the following items" checkbox.
IMG - checkbox highlighted
When this box is checked, all options in the form are set to “I do not wish to answer”.
- Select "I do not wish to answer" as answers for the fields you choose not to answer.
- Leave an answer blank. All blank fields in this form will be recorded as an answer of "Not disclosed".
Enter EEO-related Information
Drop-down Menu Answers
Select the drop-down menu.
Select the appropriate answer from the list.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all desired fields have been answered.
Date of Birth
The recruiter may have requested your date of birth. There are two ways to enter this information into the EEO section of the application.
Manually Enter Date
- Select the Date of birth field to place the cursor there.
- Enter your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format.
Enter Date with Date Picker
- Select the date picker icon.
- This opens the date picker.
- Navigate to the desired date and select it.
- The year can be clicked to quickly navigate to a year.
- Subsequently, the month can be clicked to quickly navigate to a month.
Select Close to save the date.