When opening the link sent in a password email, the browser loads a Server Error page similar to that pictured below:
The password reset request was submitted using a different browser than the one used to open the link contained in the email.
The steps below walk through a possible scenario that would result in this problem:
- The talent user’s default web browser is Internet Explorer.
- She submits the request using Google Chrome.
- The talent user receives the recovery message.
- She clicks on the link included in the recovery message.
- Her computer launches the default browser, Internet Explorer.
- The link is opened in Internet Explorer..
- The page with the error text is displayed.
Following this process will ensure that the link will be opened in the same browser used to submit the request.
- Resubmit the request, noting the browser used.
- When the verification email is received, copy and paste the emailed link into the address bar of the same browser
- Press Enter.